The Durango Grill at 1007 N Old World Third St. replaced the Italian restaurant, Capone’s Grotto which closed its doors in late-2009.
The Durango features BBQ and southwestern style comfort food, A Taste of the American West. Its BBQ menu was created by Andrew Jepsen who has been cooking BBQ for 25 years. Andrew has won countless awards including the National Championship Trophy, Sparks Nugget Rib Cook-Off, arguably the most prestigious award on the Barbecue circuit. Large cuts of locally raised beef and pork, with plenty of homemade side dishes.
The Durango also makes a Texas Red Chili (which it will sample at the Chili Bowl Sun., Jan 31 at the H-D Museum), that’s a chili made with large cuts of beef, tomatoes, spices, bacon, chilis, and little taste of whiskey to give it some kick. ( no fillers like beans or noodles) They cook everything real slow and make everything from scratch.
The bar features a fine selection of Whiskey and bourbon, a unique assortment of Tequila and ice cold beers.
The restaurant has set-up a reservation only preview party Thursday night from 6:00pm – 11:00pm. You can make reservations by calling 414-333-8653 or by registering on its Facebook event page here.
The restaurant will start serving lunch January 27th at 11am.
The Durango Grill
1007 N Old World 3rd St
Milwaukee, WI 53203
- INdustri Cafe’s Grand Opening Celebration is Tonight
- Sobelman’s taking over Patty Burger space on N. Farwell; Grand opening planned for June 1st
- Celebrate Cupcakes at the Milwaukee Cupcake Company’s Grand Opening this Saturday
- Golden Ladle Winner from 4th annual Chili Bowl invited into FOX 6 Studios
- FOX 6 invites Golden Ladle Winner from 2010 Chili Bowl into Studio