Earlier today I learned that Steve Goretzko, the owner of Bay View’s Sven’s European Cafe and Sven’s Organic Coffee Co. finalized and signed the papers to take over the old Steamer’s Coffee location Downtown at 624 N. Water St.
Steamer’s recently closed its doors this past October.
Steve tells me you can expect to find the same great menu as he offers at his Bay View local. Sven’s serves a hearty breakfast and lunch menu all day long. On the menu you’ll find hot and cold sandwiches, bountiful salads, several daily soups, a case full of fresh bakery, and of course a large selection of coffee and tea drinks.
The new location will serve breakfast and lunch to cater to its Downtown neighbors. The new location is slated to open March 1, 2012. Please stay tuned to MilwaukeeFood.com for more information.
Sven’s European Cafe
2699 South Kinnickinnic Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53207
Sven’s Bay View hours:
Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 9:00 pm
Saturday – 7:00 am – 8:00 pm
Sunday – 7:30 am – 7:00 pm
624 N. Water St.
Milwaukee, WI 53202
- “Last Call” at the Old Mr B’s – a Bartolotta Steakhouse is March 27; New location to open in early April
- Downtown gets Philly Cheesesteaks; The Philly Way Downtown is now open
- Hyatt’s Bistro Bar 333 now open Downtown
- Finch’s Corned Beef now open Downtown
- Alterra Cafe and Bakery in Bay View slated to open June 1